Rugged, reliable and cost-effective asset tracking and fleet management
Deliver more value to customers by leveraging your existing terrestrial-based IoT or M2M solutions for fleet management, telematics, safety and other remote monitoring applications. Iridium Edge is a cost-effective satellite IoT communications device that can be rapidly deployed and complements terrestrial-based solutions to create worldwide connectivity. Iridium provides global IoT/M2M coverage for the most remote and inaccessible areas of the world.
Rapidly Deployed IoT Solution
Fast time-to-market is a critical need in today’s evolving asset tracking and fleet management environment. Iridium Edge features an all-in-one Short Burst Data (SBD) modem and antenna, with power supply. The plug-and-play satellite IoT device can be easily paired with existing satellite and cellular solutions, without complicated integration or development requirements.
- Expand connectivity beyond cellular limits for 100 percent global IoT/M2M coverage
- Satellite add-on enabling dual-mode capability
- Hardware-ready device for simple, low-risk integration
- Low-cost device for affordable customer adoption
- Ready-to-install for quick time-to-market
- Robust power supply for industrial installations
- 180° line of sight for compromised locations
- Certified in key geographic markets
Benefits of the Iridium LEO Satellite Network for IoT/M2M
Iridium Edge inherits the many benefits of the Iridium network.
- 100 percent truly global coverage from pole-to-pole
- Provides a stronger, more robust satellite signal compared to GEO constellations
- Shorter transmission path of LEO network results in lower latency and shorter registration time
- Greater flexibility in installation
- Improved line of sight over GEO systems in compromised locations or behind large obstructions
- Overlapping satellite coverage and crosslinks provide redundancy and increased reliability